Please be sure to fully review our Program Pathways and Grant Application Materials before applying for a grant.
Seventh Generation Fund is an Indigenous identity-based organization dedicated to the self-determination of Native Peoples and the sovereignty of our distinct Nations that mobilizes financial, technical, and informational resources directly to Native communities to empower action.
Types of Grants
Grant awards range from $250 to $10,000. An average grant is $5,000. An organization may apply for a single grant per fiscal year for the following purposes:
Up to $10,000:
• General Operating for ongoing operational costs
• Project Specific Support for special events or initiatives
• Capacity Building for staff training, purchasing of equipment or other organizational development needs
Up to $3,000:
• Traveling Song Initiative supports travel for Indigenous Peoples’ participation in regional, national and international meetings, advocacy, skills building and decision making opportunities. Requests accepted on an ongoing basis. (Visit 7genfund.org/grant-application for Traveling Song Initiative form)
Up to $500:
• Mini Grants Submit a grant Cover Sheet and a one to two page letter of request detailing your project, explaining how funds will be used and a budget. Requests accepted on an ongoing basis.
The Seventh Generation Fund does not support: Individuals, Non-Native organizations, religious missionizing efforts, purchase of vehicles, heavy equipment, capital campaigns, or scholarship funds.
Proposal Deadline: March 31, 2016 (Postmarked)
Send your complete proposal package to:
Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples
Attn: Proposal Review Committee
PO Box 4569
Arcata, CA 955518 USA
Or by email to: email@example.com (Indicate “Proposal” in the subject line)
PLEASE NOTE: Expect 8-10 weeks from the grant due date for the results of the proposal review to be announced. Please select an appropriate deadline date that will allow for enough time if your project is selected.